Following review of applications, up to 20 shortlisted candidates will be invited and funded to attend a centrally conducted Selection Day at one of the partner universities, consisting of participatory and interactive activities with the other candidates along with an individual interview with the Selection Committee. All shortlisted candidates MUST make themselves available to attend Selection Day (and potentially travel days either side).
Each cohort of up to 12 fellows will participate in:
- The Foundations for Community Change (FCC) experiential learning component on-campus at the Coady Institute during which Fellows are introduced to the Coady approach to development; self-assessment and analysis of leadership styles and interactions with others; introduction to Fellows’ personal coaching sessions; working equitably with communities; and participatory project planning and management, including such topics as financial management and monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- A pre-community planning phase during which Fellows return home and further develop their initiatives based on learning from FCC. Includes regular check-ins with peers and Coady, along with further distance-based learning.
- A final planning workshop at the Coady Institute that provides opportunity for feedback and further development of Fellows’ concepts as well as preparing them for their engagement with the communities in which they will work, whether local, national or international. Sessions include such topics as equitable community engagement, Fellows’ roles and responsibilities, ongoing personal development, safety and security concerns, and any final logistic and administrative requirements.
- The community phase is when Fellows will work in and with their identified communities. During this phase Fellows will receive ongoing support and distance learning from Coady, as well as regular sessions with the fellows’ personal coach.
- A debriefing and evaluation at the Coady Institute when Fellows will evaluate personal and professional growth, outcomes from the community phase, next steps, and visioning of possibilities in their journey as change-makers.